Production Manager – Acrylic Spas
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing processes of assigned areas of Production while driving safety, quality & productivity. Develop and maintain an effective organization through teammate engagement and capability building. Champion the implementation of systematic continuous improvement within production.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Establishes Production objectives to achieve goals. Reviews overall operations, analyzing schedules and production output with Production team to ensure goals are attained.
- Plan the use of facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future production requirements including department guidelines, plant layout and improvement
- Manage the Production departments with the appropriate communications of goals, performance feedback, corrective actions, rewards and recognition to provide optimum teammate relations.
- Evaluate team needs as needed, i.e., staffing levels, equipment or tools and provide support by removing barriers for improvement and progress.
- Lead, mentor and facilitate leaders in developing and planning of production and personnel
- Champion the development the continuous improvement plan and facilitate the meetings with Production team i.e. prioritize team activities
- Champion Continuous improvement in all levels of production
- Maintain and improve production levels through waste reduction, cost reduction, and cost improvement plans
- Identify and record any problems relating to product, process and quality systems. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through Production team and designated channels
- Have the authority and responsibility to ensure that processes / machinery utilized in the manufacturing process and the verification process are capable of meeting both customer and quality plan expectations.
- Oversee production process while ensuring teams are focused on producing product of the highest quality in a safe and effective manner.
- Lead and Teach teammates primarily through implementation of continuous improvement thinking principles and practices.
- Supports and helps lead 5S objectives
- Supports the development and/or evaluate programs designed to improve the manufacturing performance with Quality
- Reviews direct/indirect labor and allowance costs to reduce unnecessary expenditures.
Physical Requirements: All positions in the production facilities will require candidates being able to perform the following tasks repetitively, if needed, during scheduled shift.
- Must be capable of working prolonged periods standing, sitting, squatting, and bending.
- Must always follow all safety policies.
- Must maintain daily cleanliness of department.
- Ability to work in a non-temperature-controlled manufacturing facilities and/or warehouses.
- Must be able to work in a facility that manufactures and/or works with various chemicals and materials such as fiberglass, resin, plastic, dust, glue, primer, foam, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Operations/Engineering preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fiberglass experience is a plus
- Basic Computer Skills [Microsoft Office, etc.]
Job Type: Full-time -Exempt
Schedule: Mon-Thurs 6am-4pm, with the possibility/probability of production on Fridays
** This is an exempt position and working in an excess of 40 hours per week should be expected.
Compensation: Based on experience