We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
● Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
● Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
● Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
● Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
● Arrange transport of goods and track & expedite orders to ensure timely delivery.
● Coordinate with inventory team, management, and production as required.
● All necessary follow-up on shortages and supply issues
● Coordinate implementation of inventory control program
● Special projects as assigned
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
● Critical thinking and negotiation skills
● Proven attention to detail and data entry accuracy
● Ability to analyze inventory and order lead times
● Competent with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
Mon – Thurs 7:00am-5:00pm with an hour unpaid lunch & Fri 8am-12pm
Based on experience