This position is to support the efforts of the Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Departments through process auditing, product measurement, document control and continuous improvement activities.
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Develop and maintain error-proofing methodologies to improve quality, eliminate waste and reduce scrap and rework.
· Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance relating to product, processes, and systems.
· Carries out process definition and improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training activities.
· Support production line and work cell improvements including development of standard work, material replenishment methods, line balancing and layout improvements to eliminate waste, increase throughput and reduce cost.
· Support the implementation of engineering changes with respect to process definition, methods development, and tooling the tracking and control of production trials and samples.
· Develop documentation for processes, work methods and work instructions.
· Assist in developing and maintaining of Process Work Instructions
· Conduct process audits across multiple departments.
· Participate in Capability studies as required.
· Participate within associated plant continuous improvement projects in both Quality and Engineering capacities.
· Additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
· Associates Degree or High School Diploma, with experience listed below preferred
· Two to four years within a production manufacturing / machining environment preferred
· Exposure to various industry standards (ASTM, ISO 9001) helpful
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to effectively execute on decisions in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic business environment.
· High level of organization
· Strong understanding of lean concepts and initiatives such as 5S/workplace organization, standard work, line balancing and root cause analysis/corrective action.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, experience with various inventory management systems is a plus.
· This is a hands-on position requiring a high degree of interaction with the production floor in terms of process improvements, workplace organization/5S, method and work instruction development, line balancing and workflow improvements.
· Solidworks, DraftSight or Autocad experience a plus.
Mon – Fri 7:00am-4:00pm (hour paid lunch daily) Changes in schedule may be necessary to accommodate production demands.
Based on experience