Warehouse Assistant Manager - Receiving
Under the direction of the Inventory Control/Warehouse Manager this position is responsible for overseeing the receiving department.
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Improve warehouse work processes through strategic planning in order to create a more efficient fulfillment system
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements
- Clear communication with production to ensure production needs are met
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Manage the warehouse supervisors and direct day to day warehouse activities
- Manage receipt entry for accuracy
- Conduct training and certification of forklift operators.
- Ensure 5S housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Bachelor’s degree in business or operations management field a plus
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively execute on decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic business environment
- High level of organization
- Strong knowledge of inventory management theories and best practices, especially as they relate to lean manufacturing.
- Proven experience as warehouse supervisor or similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with Sage100 or similar inventory management systems is a plus
Based on experience.