Director of Manufacturing
The Director of Manufacturing will plan, direct and coordinate the manufacturing processes of all of our production lines while driving safety, quality & productivity.
- Reviews overall operations, analyzing schedules and production output with Production Managers to ensure goals are attained.
- Plan the use of facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future production requirements including department guidelines, plant layout and improvement
- Evaluate team needs as needed, i.e., staffing levels, equipment or tools and provide support by removing barriers for improvement and progress.
- Lead and mentor Production Managers in developing and planning of production processes and personnel
- Champion continuous improvement in all levels of production
- Maintain and improve production levels through waste reduction, cost reduction, and cost improvement plans
- Identify and record any problems relating to product, process and quality systems. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through Production Managers and designated channels
- Oversee production process while ensuring teams are focused on producing product of the highest quality in a safe and effective manner.
- Supports and helps lead 5S objectives
- Partners with the Quality Manager to support the development and/or evaluate programs designed to improve the manufacturing performance
- Reviews direct/indirect labor and allowance costs to reduce unnecessary expenditures.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management
- Full working knowledge of Lean Concepts with demonstrated success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Fiberglass experience is a plus
Based on experience