Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources this position is responsible for providing minor healthcare to the employees within our organization. The Staff Nurse will be responsible for patient assessment, as well as working with management to plan care and subsequent recovery as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Medical screening of employees as needed
- Provide high quality patient care to injured employees as needed
- Assist the Safety Coordinator as the liaison with the property insurance carrier and local authorities
- Employment drug screening
- Conduct audits, inspections and assessments to identify improvement opportunities
- Develop programs to maintain health and safety of our team members
- Partner with management teams to understand safety concerns, opportunities, gaps and collaborate to identify solutions to close the gaps
- Assist operations in investigating safety-related incidents and ensures implementation of effective and sustainable corrective actions
- Assist in ensuring compliance with legislative and regulatory standards and requirements such as personal protective equipment, hearing conservation, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and provide the mandatory education/training required by OSHA and other government agencies.
- Provide support and information to mitigate risk management as needed
Additional duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Nursing degree necessary.
- Safety related experience in a heavy industrial or manufacturing environment helpful
- Knowledge of local, state, and customer required safety standards
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain meticulous records
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of staff within the company and external vendors
- Continue professional development
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm **hours may be flexible
Compensation: TBD – based on experience