Shipping Dock Worker
Load product onto designated transportation modes (ie. trailers, containers, etc.) per schedules and maintain accuracy within inventories and required documentation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities vary based on the department assigned. General duties and responsibilities include:
– Load product onto designated trailers per schedules.
– Maintain accuracy of bills of lading for all loaded product
– Maintain accuracy within all product inventories under the direct responsibility of the department.
– Perform month end and year end physical inventories as required.
– Unload product from trailers coming in as inter-company transfers as well as returns from dealers.
– Maintain organization within spa inventories
– Follow SOP for the staging, loading and documentation for all load schedules.
– Follow SOP for receiving product into the building.
– Maintain cleanliness and order throughout the facility
– Basic computer skills, including Excel and Word documents
– Must secure a forklift operator’s license and keep current as required
Please understand that all the requirements are not described here and that all employees will be expected perform those listed and other related duties as directed by supervision and/or management.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 100 lbs. with assistance (i.e. squat/thrust).
- Must be manually dexterous.
- Must be capable of working prolonged periods standing, sitting, squatting, and bending.
- Must always follow all safety policies.
- Must maintain daily cleanliness of department.
- Must be able and come to work prepared to withstand working in all weather conditions (Heat/Cold/Rain/Snow etc.) as trucks are loaded outside all year.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attendance record
- Forklift experience is a plus, but not require
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm (with hour unpaid lunch) & Friday 8am-12pm
(Hours may vary based on department needs, especially end times based schedule) The ideal candidate MUST have open availability to stay late in the evenings at a moment’s notice to accommodate shipping demands.
Compensation: $13.00 – $14.00 per hour *Additional $0.50 per hour once forklift certification obtained