Receiving/Inventory Control Clerk
SUMMARY:Oversee and assist in the unloading of product per companywide orders and maintain required documentation. Ensure accurate paperwork and inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities vary based on the department assigned. General duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee the unloading of incoming freight, record in the Freight Receipt Log, and stocking in the appropriate location. Send invoice to Accounting.
- Pull orders on a daily basis, enter them into the Material Location spreadsheet for the various areas, and schedule delivery. Transfer order into Sage.
- Perform year end physical inventories and daily/weekly cycle counts. Apply “where used” as dictated by Receiving Manager.
- Maintain Shortage List for Purchasing Department on a daily basis
- Maintain accuracy within all product inventories in regards to incoming, outgoing, and parts returns.
- Print order forms daily for Production.
- Input data for scrap, such as acrylic, Confer, and UFP wood. Contact vendor for credit as needed.
- Maintain other spreadsheets, such as the daily click count and for Notification Travelers.
- Keep the Notification Travelers up to date. Notify appropriate departments of changes.
- Notify Bill of Materials person of any new parts
- Basic computer skills, including Excel and Word documents
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some heavy lifting required (up to 75 pounds).
- May be asked to secure a forklift operator’s license and keep current as required.
- Individual must be able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment with exposure to both heat and cold.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attendance record
- Forklift experience is a plus, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Mon-Thurs 7:30am-4:30pm & Friday 8am-12pm (Hours may vary based on dept. needs)
Compensation: $13.00 per hour *Additional $0.50 per hour once forklift certification obtained