Material Handler in Receiving – Split Shift
Assist in the unloading of product per company wide orders and maintain required documentation. Ensure accurate paperwork and inventory. Replenish production floor with inventory ordered from production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities vary based on the department assigned. General duties and responsibilities include:
- Unloading of incoming freight, record in the Freight Receipt Log, and stocking in the appropriate location.
- Pull orders on a daily basis based on production needs.
- Perform year end physical inventories and daily/weekly cycle counts. Apply “where used” as dictated by Receiving Manager.
- MUST secure a forklift operator’s license and keep current. (Stand up and sit down)
All positions in the production and warehouse facilities will require candidates being able to perform the following tasks repetitively, if needed, during scheduled shift.
Please understand that all the requirements are not described here and that all employees will be expected perform the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” listed on own or with the help of reasonable accommodation as well as all other related duties as directed by supervision and/or management.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 100 lbs. with assistance (i.e. squat/thrust).
- Must be manually dexterous.
- Must be capable of working prolonged periods standing, sitting, squatting, and bending.
- Must always follow all safety policies.
- Must maintain daily cleanliness of department.
- Ability to work in all environments both outdoors and non-temperature-controlled manufacturing facilities and/or warehouses.
- Must be able to work in a facility that manufactures and/or works with various chemicals and materials such as fiberglass, resin, plastic, dust, glue, primer, foam, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Data entry and cycle count experience a plus
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attendance record
- Forklift experience
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Mon-Thurs 11am-9pm with Friday for Possible/Probable, Mandatory Overtime. (Hours may vary based on dept. needs)
Compensation: $13.00 per hour *Plus $0.50 per hour shift premium
*Also and additional $0.50 per hour once forklift certification obtained