Material Handler in Receiving – Split Shift
Assist in the unloading of product per companywide orders and maintain required documentation. Ensure accurate paperwork and inventory. Replenish production floor with inventory ordered from production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities vary based on the department assigned. General duties and responsibilities include:
- Unloading of incoming freight, record in the Freight Receipt Log, and stocking in the appropriate location.
- Pull orders on a daily basis based on production needs.
- Perform year end physical inventories and daily/weekly cycle counts. Apply “where used” as dictated by Receiving Manager.
- MUST secure a forklift operator’s license and keep current. (Stand up and sit down)
- Individual must be able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment with exposure to both heat and cold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some heavy lifting required (up to 75 pounds). Must be able to bend and lift boxes above head up to 75 pounds repetitively during scheduled shift. Must secure a forklift operator’s license and keep current as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks
- Ability to be self-motivated and directed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attendance record
- Forklift experience
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Mon-Thurs 11am-9pm with Friday for Probable, Mandatory Overtime. (Hours may vary based on dept. needs)
Compensation: $13.00 per hour *Plus $0.50 per hour shift premium
*Also and additional $0.50 per hour once forklift certification obtained