Material Handler/Assistant to Covers Department
Under the direction of the department supervisor and/or manager the primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the moving of materials throughout the building using a forklift (stand up and sit down) as well as moving items outside the building using a box truck or trailer. Forklift experience and clean driving record is required. Must be able to function in standing position and work for prolonged periods in such position. Must be manually dexterous and capable of operating small hand tools effectively. Must wear protective eyewear, gloves and dust mask as required. Position involves small amounts of paperwork/inventory as required. Must maintain daily cleanliness of work area, and may be required to work in different areas not related to present position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities vary based on the department assigned. General duties and responsibilities include:
- Forklift experience is required
- Must obtain forklift certification with safety manager during probationary period & keep current
- Ability to stand/squat for long periods of time
- Ability to lift/pull/push 100+ pounds assisted
- Ability to self-motivate
- Good attention to detail
- Commitment to safety
- Time management skills are key
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some heavy lifting required (up to 75 pounds). Must secure a forklift operator’s license and keep current as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent minimum
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attendance record
- Forklift experience required
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Mon-Thurs 6am -4pm with possible overtime on Fridays.
Compensation: $13.00 per hour to start with an additional $0.50 an hour once forklift certification is received plus competitive benefits package