CAD Engineering Internship
Provide services in various computer aided drafting programs. Responsible for converting rough hand drawings into completed 2D and 3D drawings, drawing existing parts and maintaining existing drawings. Some mechanical intuition and hands on physical work necessary for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be able to decipher hand written drawings and accurately draw them in a 2D or 3D drafting program
- Work directly with other Engineers to complete daily tasks
- Work in Solid Works (PDM), filing new or modified drawings appropriately
- Multitask multiple drawings at once
- Physical R&D work such as assembly of test fixtures, testing, etc. necessary
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering Degree Program or recent graduate of a similar program required.
- 2D and 3D drafting software experience a must
- Preferred experience in Solid Works Draft Site (2D) and Solid Works 3D modeling
- Solid Works drafting software a plus
- Logical thinker, able to change focus from day to day
- Previous experience reading drawings a plus
- Microsoft products (especially Excel) a plus
- Safety concepts, especially working with power and hand tools
Job Type: Internship Reports To: Vice President of Engineering
Schedule: Hours would be flexible based on the student’s schedule. Must be within normal business hours.
(Monday – Thursday 7am – 5pm & Fridays 8am – 12pm)
Compensation: Dependent on academic year and experience.